[j-nsp] Dynamic blocklists/blacklists...?

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Aug 16 14:05:07 EDT 2005

--On August 16, 2005 1:22:36 PM -0400 Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net>
wrote:

>> I'm not entirely sure this is the case.  My NTPd is definitely being
>> disturbed almost every time I commit.  I can't say every time because I
>> haven't been watching it like a hawk, but I'll start to correllate data
>> now.  If I get enough data for a bug report I'll open a JTAC case.
>
> 	Yeah, this should just get fixed (IMHO), it's been a "bug" for
> some time that ntpd gets killed/restarted.
>
> 	- jared

Well atleast I'm not the only one then.  My problem is it means I can't do
'dynamic' lists via prefixes that are automatically maintained in (near)
real-time.  So I definitely needed some other way (the prefix lists aren't
a good way IMHO anyway as you've probably noted...).  The BGP Flow NLRI
stuff is exactly what the doctor ordered...I'll have to go do my homework
on it, but I'm 99% sure that it solves my problems assuming I can figure
out a  way to make quagga or bgpd.pl emit these different types.

Thanks again.