[j-nsp] Interdomain MSDP session from non RP

Doug Marschke doug at ipath.net
Fri Dec 2 04:41:33 EST 2005

It is usually done that way to save that extra internal MSDP session. You
are correct in that either way will produce a functional network.  Another
factor to take into account is the RPF check performed by MSDP.  IMHO, it
makes the RPF checking a bit easier to understand/debug when you have RP to
RP Multicast peering.

Doug