[j-nsp] Re: Juniper DNS cache

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Mon Dec 12 18:52:05 EST 2005

Yes, you appear to be correct -- something that lots of people don't
realize though is that many (most?) long running processes only call
gethostbyname (or something similar) once.

I have seen many cases where people list the DNS names for their
RADIUS / Syslog / etc servers and then become unhappy / confused when
they update DNS and nothing changes....

Warren