[j-nsp] OSPF Graceful Restart

Kandula, Ramesh Ramesh.Kandula at SpirentCom.COM
Tue Dec 20 16:31:47 EST 2005

Hi all,

Does someone know why JUNOS sends multiple grace-lsas with different restart
reasons? Or is this a bug? (I did a little research on bugs on juniper
website and I couldn't find anything there).

When I restart the control plane on Juniper M40 (or M5) using "restart
routing gracefully", it sends two grace-lsas one with restart reason
Software Upgrade/Reload and the other with Software Restart. Both lsas seem
to have the same sequence number too. This sometimes is causing
synchronization problems.

Thanks in advance
ramesh