[j-nsp] Will CF sizes other than 256M work ok?

Peder at NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Thu Dec 29 15:40:39 EST 2005

> Yes the CFs do seem to fail more than the HDs, but with many folks still
> operating 5+ year old RE-333's which have been in continuous operation,
> you should expect to see more failures soon. If you're going to replace
> your drives, using the Hitachi Travelstar E-series drives which are
> designed for 24/7 operation in blade servers is highly recomended.

Has anybody actually replaced the HD in their M7i RE with one of the
Travelstar blade series models, like the E7K60?
(http://www.hitachigst.com/portal/site/en/menuitem.ec03cadee7c6fb5deb4703e3aac4f0a0/)

I'd be curious to know if there were any issues or if there is anything
special that you have to do.  You can get them for <$120, so if they
really work and are server rated, it sounds like the thing to do.

Peder