[j-nsp] ERX 6-0-0 radius accounting

Mark Loveley mloveley at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 11:58:25 EST 2005

Thanks guys, I think we are close but not quite there yet.

The problem packet appears to be a accounting-on packet, it's in a new
column in "sh radius attributes-included". If I disable all the
entries in the accounting on column it still sends the packet but just
with the NAS_ipaddr attribute as expected.

I believe Its the actual accounting-on packet thats being sent thats
causing the problem, as the ERX seems to be constantly retransmitting
the packet even though we have 5 retries setup on the accounting
servers. Shouldn't it stop sending after 5 tries?

Is this packet sent by default on a 5-2 ERX? I don't see the same
error if we remove then add the acct server? The release notes for
both releases state that the packet is sent on configuring an acct
server.

Thanks
Mark