[j-nsp] Two cflowd server in same configuration of M7i

David Monosov david.monosov at futureinquestion.net
Wed Feb 16 15:30:36 EST 2005

Not at all a JunOS based solution, but a potential way to get around
this limitation - would be the use of flow-tools available at
http://www.splintered.net/sw/flow-tools/

One of the tools in the package, flow-fanout
(http://www.splintered.net/sw/flow-tools/docs/flow-fanout.html) is
designed to do exactly this, send multiple copies of every packet
received to other netflow collectors. It is possible to run n+1
flow-fanout boxes on the same virtual IP using e.g. Linux w/Ultramonkey
(http://www.ultramonkey.org/) to guarantee HA, and forward the fanout
toward multiple real collectors for processing.

Not ideal, but works if you need it.

	D.