[j-nsp] policer deprecated warning in [edit firewall filter <filter>] hierarchy under 7.1R1.3

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Feb 17 01:26:42 EST 2005

today after updating an M7i to 7.1R1.3 i noticed that the 'policer'
statement is deprecated...  I'm unclear as to what is better,a nd theres
nothing anywhere in any juniper docs that I can find that mentions the
policer statement even being deprecated nor what they intend to be used
instead....anyone?

IE...(config snippet)

firewall {
    filter outbound-filter {
        policer mailapp0-smtp-out { ## Warning: 'policer' is deprecated
            if-exceeding {
                bandwidth-limit 2m;
                burst-size-limit 250k;
            }
            then discard;
        }
    }
}

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you