[j-nsp] VLAN/ATM TCC

Thomas Salmen tsalmen at orcon.net.nz
Mon Feb 21 23:17:38 EST 2005

Greetings,

I'm trying to configure a TCC connection between an ATM PVC and an Ethernet
VLAN, but I'm having some difficulties doing so.

The docs have some really great examples on how to do everything else, but
nothing that quite matches what I want to do. This is basically what I'm
trying to achieve:

thomas at NCT_M02# show interfaces ge-1/3/0
vlan-tagging;
mtu 9000;
unit 910 {
    encapsulation vlan-tcc;
    vlan-id 910;
    family tcc {
        proxy {
            inet-address 10.1.1.1;
        }
        remote {
            inet-address 10.1.1.2;
        }
    }
}

thomas at NCT_M02# show interfaces at-0/1/1 unit 939
encapsulation atm-tcc-snap;
vci 0.939;
shaping {
    vbr peak 27m sustained 27m burst 32;
}
oam-liveness {
    up-count 2;
    down-count 5;
}

thomas at NCT_M02# show protocols
mpls {
    interface at-0/1/1.939;
    interface ge-1/3/0.910;
}
connections {
    interface-switch test-tcc {
        interface at-0/1/1.939;
        interface ge-1/3/0.910;
    }
}

But it ain't workin. The docs here:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos64/swconfig64-interfaces
/html/interfaces-ethernet-config21.html

seem to indicate I need to specify the encapsulation type as vlan-tcc
(maybe?) on the physical interface as a whole - does this mean I cannot mix
and match standard and TCC subinterfaces on the same physical interface?

Cheers,
Thomas