[j-nsp] Announcing Aggregate Routes

Chris Hagel nanog at lordkron.net
Sat Jan 15 17:18:08 EST 2005

Erik,
	Here is a quick example of a single aggregate route and the
policy to export it to BGP:

[edit]
root at Toronto# show routing-options
aggregate {
    route 168.24.168.0/24;
}

policy-options {
 policy-statement aggs {
        term 1 {
            from protocol aggregate;
            then accept;
        }
    }
}

Then just apply that policy as an export under the group in BGP where you
want to advertise the aggregate.  You can also be more precise in the
policy by explicitly stating what aggregate to advertise (say you have
more than one aggregate but only want to advertise certain ones to
certain customers) as in the example below.

policy-options {
 policy-statement aggs {
        term 1 {
            from {
                protocol aggregate;
                route-filter 168.24.168.0/24 exact;
            }
            then accept;
        }
    }
}

Hope that helps.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:32:16 -0600
"Erik Sundberg" <sunder at appscorp.net> wrote:

> hello all
>
> What is the proper/BCP way to announce aggregate routes on a
> juniper router for bgp. I have it working right now but i don't
> know if i am doing it the right way. I am currently using static
> routes and discarding the route, but i know that juniper routers
> also have the aggregate route table.
>
> Does any body have a exmaple use the "set routing-options
> aggregate route x.x.x.x/x" with the policy statement.
>
> Thanks
>
> Erik

Chris Hagel
JNCIP # 103