[j-nsp] The new Juniper issue/bug/exploit

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Jan 21 13:11:43 EST 2005

Ok, would anyone like to go ahead and confess now? It's pretty difficult
to miss all the tier 1 carriers doing emergency upgrades on all their
Juniper routers, and it doesn't take much more work to find out that
they're all deploying custom built images from 20050119.

I personally agree that it is a smart idea to not tell folks details about
the actual issue for a while (which significantly slows down the time for
someone to make an exploit and start scanning the internet), but do you
mind dropping the rest of us a hint as to what version of code fixes it
instead of pulling this "we tip off only the largest network first, in
secret" junk? :)

Thanks.