[j-nsp] routing engine communication

Greg.Griffis at cox.com Greg.Griffis at cox.com
Wed Jan 26 13:02:23 EST 2005

As far as I know there is not a fix (we have seen this since 6.4).  It
involves using Radius or Tacacs without having FXP0 enabled.  The backup
RE cannot reach the authentication server so it can't authenticate you.
The only way it works is with a local login so that the backup RE can
authenticate you itself.  Otherwise, the backup RE has to be able to
reach the Tacacs or Radius server through FXP0 by a static route.

Previously, there was no authentication when switching between RE's.

Thanks,

Greg Griffis
Data Network Engineer - Backbone & Peering
Cox Communications