[j-nsp] JUNOS Vulnerability

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Thu Jan 27 11:11:54 EST 2005

Eric Van Tol writes:
>## Warning: missing mandatory statement(s): 'members'

The bug is when the foreground config is missing a mandatory
statement, we report it without checking to see if the statement
will be inherited at commit time from an applied group.  The
commit succeeds, but "show" output is annotated with the
warning.

[edit]
root at dent# show
groups {
    super {
        system {
            login {
                user <*> {
                    class super-user;
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
system {
    login {
        user phil {
            apply-groups super;
            full-name Super-Phil;
            ## Warning: missing mandatory statement(s): 'class'
        }
    }
}

We were trying to avoid incurring the inheritance tax while doing
simple "show" output, but you're right that it's annoying to
see inaccurate warnings.  It's now PR 56101.

Thanks,
 Phil