[j-nsp] Re: ae0 (802.3ad/LACP) against GSR?

Saku Ytti saku+juniper-nsp at ytti.fi
Fri Jan 28 04:13:45 EST 2005

On (2005-01-27 23:20 +0100), Niels Bakker wrote:

> > Cisco is running 12.0(27)S4, Juniper is running 7.0R2.
>
> that IOS may blow for link aggregation.  Perhaps try one of these:
>
> 12.0(25)S4
> 12.0(28)S1
> 12.0(30)S
>
> I have no personal knowledge how well lb-ph3 images work but they're
> supposedly the bee's knees.
>
> Best to follow-up to cisco-nsp :)

 You were right, we upgraded to 12.0(30)S and IS-IS started to work.
I don't have anythin behind the lab juniper and I'm seeing egress
traffic from route engine always using only one physical interface, is
this expected behaviour, ie. is only transit traffic load-balanced?

 I've configured load-balance per-packet policy under forwarding-table.

 Funny thing though, even with 12.0(27)S4 IS-IS worked if we had
3550 in between the boxes.

--
  ++ytti