[j-nsp] Network configuration question / vlan and bridging related

Alexander Arsenyev (GU/ETL) alexander.arsenyev at ericsson.com
Tue Jul 5 10:23:18 EDT 2005

Hello

Sorry if this question has already been answered/beaten to death but would Netscreen firewall in Transparent mode
help at all in this situation?
Check the following PDF out http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/screenos/screenos5.2.0/CE_v2.pdf ,
diagram on page 104 for the Netscreen FW in bridge mode. I would imagine that inserting Netscreens into the appropriate places could help administering IP addressing (Netscreens works as DHCP server/client/relay agent) and filtering unwanted/malicious traffic.
My $0.02
HTH,
Cheers
Alex