[j-nsp] MLPPP problems with passing traffic

Sean Meldrum sean at intellispace.net
Thu Jul 7 12:57:34 EDT 2005

I have 2 different M40 routers running different codes that seem to have
the same problems with mlppp bundles. The 2 boxes (1 running 6.4R1 and
the other running 7.2R1) both stop passing traffic at various times over
various multilink bundles. When one bundle is down in one box on unit 1
the bundle on unit 2 of that box may be fine. I have ML-128 cards in
both boxes and 4 port CT3 cards. The far end equipment on these
locations is Riverstone RS3000s generally running ros9127. The circuits
will show physically up and show that they are connected to the bundle,
but no traffic will pass over them. So far it has been a combination of
deactivating and activating the ml and t1 interfaces that has got the
bundles to begin passing traffic again. I have never experienced this
type of problems with the various clear channel T3s I have in these
boxes or any of the T1 interfaces that are not part of bundles. I also
have never experienced this type of problem going from RS3000 to other
rivertsone or Cisco gear that I have used. Any help would be
appreciated.

Sean M