[j-nsp] j2300 failure rate

Tim Coble tcoble at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Jul 13 00:14:15 EDT 2005

Has anyone else had issues with j2300 hardware failures?  Four out of
the 11 that we have purchased and deployed have had various hardware
failures.  Two of them had dead fpc's, one had a bad flash card which
required an rma for the whole box since the flash card has no serial
number, and the last one had a bad T1 interface that continuously
dropped the link.

Is anyone else seeing these problems?  I would say that I got a bad
batch if they all had the same problem, but I have had three different
hardware failures on the four dead routers...

Should I just chalk this up to bad luck or a cheap product?

thanks,