[j-nsp] Junos feature licensing?

Joe McGuckin joe at via.net
Fri Jul 15 01:17:34 EDT 2005

So, while perusing around on an M7i, I ran across the "show system
certificate" command.

So, now I'm really curious to know what features are restricted or enabled
by license keys. Do I need to purchase license keys to enable any hardware
bits in the router that I've already paid for - like the tunnel pic ? Do I
need to purchase license keys in addition to purchasing hardware like the AS
PIC?

I cannot find any information on this subject on the Juniper web site,

Also, I notice that the certificates expire after 10 years.

Does that mean that my router becomes a doorstop after Mar 24 03:26:10 2014
GMT? If so, that's really offensive.

After all, I still have 10 year old 7500's running somewhere...

Joe

--

Joe McGuckin

ViaNet Communications