[j-nsp] Junos feature licensing?

Lewis, Charles charles_h_lewis at fanniemae.com
Wed Jul 20 20:43:07 EDT 2005

I stand corrected - and thanks for the information, it is most
appreciated.  Based on the warnings we have observed upon configuration
on our 2300's and 6300's we had assumed that these features/interfaces
would be inoperable and hadn't pressed further without licenses
on-hand... and thus far nobody in JTAC or our sales/support team has
suggested otherwise.

I'm still of the opinion that I shouldn't have to maintain databases of
license keys, et al (regardless of how many licenses are maintained in a
given file).  I don't have to do it with competing products and I don't
want to do it with Juniper.  An increase in the amount of information I
need to retain about a given device tends to reduce the number of
devices I can effectively manage.

Thanks again for the info-

CHL