[j-nsp] Nail up a customer BGP route?

Erdem Sener erdems at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:42:17 EDT 2005

Hi,

 I don't think this would be the best way of _staying away_ from bgp
dampenings. You could always retain the route using a static one, but
then what will happen when the link doesn't flap and go down for a
long time? or when the customer just wants to shut because it's
multihomed and wants to try its other link(s) for while?

 I would suggest defining a dampening value for customer connections
that is more strict that your upstreams would apply for you, just to
be safe.

 Cheers,
 Erdem