[j-nsp] Interfaces, deactivate vs disable

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Wed Jun 8 13:58:02 EDT 2005

AFAIK, we have sticky SNMP index values as they are written to a file.
Unless new HW is added, or pics are moved, I think the index will stay
the same. Also, IMO deactivate is not the same as pulling the card. With
no card the interface is not listed in a show interface. With
deactivate, it is listed but as if there was no configuration.
Deactivating will cause any logical units/sub interfaces to
disappear....

Cheers