[j-nsp] Interfaces, deactivate vs disable

Julian Cowley julian at lava.net
Wed Jun 8 14:06:35 EDT 2005

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Eric Van Tol wrote:
>> Personally, I feel that deactivate can cause folks to feel the problem
>> relates to the config (or lack of), as it is easy to miss the deactivate
>> statement if you are below that hierarchy level.
>
> I agree.  It would be helpful if deactivated config statements could
> have hash-marks in front of them to make it more obvious.

Yes, it's not obvious.  We decided to use annotation just to remind
us how the interface was disabled:

     /* Spare port (remove both disable statements to enable again) */
     t3-0/1/1 {
 	disable;
 	unit 0 {
 	    disable;
 	}
     }

The question is, "What is the question?"  That is the question of what the
question is, isn't it?