[j-nsp] Re: Re: Re: Interfaces, deactivate vs disable

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Jun 9 18:05:41 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 11:13:53PM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> Now I want to add more FROB and QUX acceptance. Everytime I have to
> add something I need to do the "set term ..." drill, and always
> remember the final "insert term deny-and-log-rest after
> $LAST_ADDED_TERM". How nice it would be to have

>         terminal-term deny-and-log-rest {
>             then {
>                 discard;
>                 log;
>                 count denied-rest
>              }
>         }

I think you're over-complicating it. Just as we now have:

policy-statement blah {
    term foo {
    }
    term bar {
    }
    then {
        default action which always stays on the bottom here;
    }
}

We should also have:

filter blah {
    term foo {
    }
    term bar {
    }
    then {
        default action which always stays on the bottom here;
    }
}

This only seems logical, since most firewalls will have some default
action for that which doesn't match (a default reject, accept, log, etc).

Of course what I would really kill for is chained firewall filters like we
have chained policies, but lets start with this dirt simple feature first.
:)