[j-nsp] How to build emergency boot media for M7?

Dan Evans pzdevans at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 10:33:39 EDT 2005

Download the install media. From Juniper's download website:

To create a PCMCIA boot flash card, ftp the image to the router's
/var/tmp directory and insert a PC card into the routers' drive. Then,
from the UNIX shell on your router, change to the /var/tmp directory
and issue the following commands:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rad3 count=20
dd if=install-media-7.2R1.7-domestic of=/dev/rad3 bs=64k

-Dan