[j-nsp] Re: Re: Re: Interfaces, deactivate vs disable

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Fri Jun 10 16:59:07 EDT 2005

Daniel Roesen writes:
>> Are you looking for a full term or just an "otherwise"?
>Uhm, what do you mean with "just an 'otherwise'"? Can you given an
>example?

My question was whether you needed a full term or just the "then"
part of it, as a "then" to be applied when no terms match.

I was thinking of the way you can currently put a term-less "then"
after all your term in a policy-statement:

    [edit policy-options policy-statement test]
    root at dent# show
    term one {
        from interface so-0/0/0.0;
        then reject;
    }
    ... more terms ...
    then {
        color add 50;
        accept;
    }

We can do something like this for filters.  It's now PR 60413.

>I know it's possible for policies by no using "term" but just "then"
>directly in the policy-statement level (which is ugly and makes readers
>scratch their head), but this is not possible with firewall filters.

We'll likely follow the existing precedent so readers only have so
scratch their head once.

Thanks,
 Phil