[j-nsp] ISIS adjacency on the GigE interface

Terje Krogdahl terje at krogdahl.net
Tue Jun 14 04:34:52 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 03:57:17PM -0700, Dave McGaugh wrote:

> the lab where ISIS adjacencies wouldn't come up and if I remember
> right, it was because the hostname was not set on the two boxes (I

While I haven't seen adjacency issues, I've definitely seen Cisco
routers not fully accepting LSPs without hostnames from Junipers.  The
symptom has been that the LSP is in the database on the adjacent Cisco
router, but without any IS neighbours or IP prefixes attached. Easily
fixed by configuring a hostname on the Juniper.

Doesn't quite sound like the issue here, though.

--
Terje Krogdahl

  All roads lead to Rome
     - A clearly confused router (R. Perlman)