[j-nsp] ISIS adjacency on the GigE interface

Todd Okolowicz tokolowicz at juniper.net
Tue Jun 14 10:37:22 EDT 2005

I had the same problem when trying to establish IS-IS over Ethernet
interfaces in my home lab between Olives with /30 endpoint addressing. I had
to enable "point-to-point" under the IS-IS interfaces before the adjacencies
would establish. Try this and I bet it will work for you too!

Not sure why JunOS requires that Ethernet interfaces with /30 endpoints be
configured as P2P links??? I have been meaning to search for the answer to
that question. I will let you all know what I find. I don't agree with the
current behavior, but see if that works for you and make the change if
necessary.

HTH's-
Todd Okolowicz