[j-nsp] Re: policy question

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Fri Jun 24 17:32:32 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 11:11:28PM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> > As such "to neighbor [...]" clauses are automatically ignored for BGP
> > export policies.
>
> That's... unfortunate.

BTW: it's understandable. A "to neighbor..." would make the BGP update
generation nondeterministic in the sense that the export chain would
have to be evaluated for each neighbor individually, so automatic
update group computation wouldn't be possible anymore. So I can
understand that "to neighbor" is being ignored in export chains.

That doesn't invalidate the other stuff I said though. :]

Best regards,
Daniel