[j-nsp] Network configuration question / vlan and bridging related

Saku Ytti saku+juniper-nsp at ytti.fi
Sun Jun 26 15:18:38 EDT 2005

On (2005-06-26 21:00 +0200), Niels Bakker wrote:

> >(and for the list, proxy-arp answers to all ARP WHO HAS's,
> >local-proxy-arp only for the subnet)
>
> To clarify: proxy-arp answers to all arp who-has queries that are not
> on the local subnet, whereas local-proxy-arp answers all arp who-has
> queries for hosts on the local subnet.  (By default a router should only
> answer arp who-has queries for its own IP address on the same interface.)

 After posting I noticed it myself that instead of implying I probably
should have explicitly written so, thanks for the clarification.
 Other thing that might need clarification is that M7i doesn't
have proxy-arp, I was trying to imply that even if it would be implemented
it wouldn't solve the problem.

--
  ++ytti