[j-nsp] RE: Problems copying re1 to re0

Erik Bos erik at xs4all.net
Wed Jun 29 11:09:57 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 04:57:16PM +0200, Jonas Frey wrote:
> I don't think he wants to sync the config, he rather wants to copy it to
> a temp. directory on teh other re.
>
> The error message says that there is no communication possible between
> the RE's and thats mostly because you havent configured any IP to them.

You don't have to configure anything on the second routingengine to actually
access it, request routing-engine login / commit sync works via fxp[12] afaik.

Hemant: are you sure the other routingengine actually booted junos ? Can you
verify that using the console ? The state of a re just after inserting it is
"Present" iirc and "Backup" after booting junos.