[j-nsp] exclusive ?

Dan Evans pzdevans at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 11:37:41 EST 2005

Here are your options when entering config mode:
user at router> configure ?
Possible completions:
  <[Enter]>            Execute this command
  exclusive            Obtain exclusive lock (other users cannot make changes)
  private              Work in private database (other's changes do not show)
  |                    Pipe through a command

Using exclusive simply prevents others from committing the
configuration. The user who enters configuration mode in exclusive
mode has the only rights to issue a commit.

If a user didn't exit properly and leaves a session in exclusive mode,
simply clear the session with the command:

user at router> request system logout <userID> pid <processID>

-Dan