[j-nsp] M20 PFE/SSB-E problems

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Sat Mar 19 16:35:39 EST 2005

--On Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:56 PM +0100 Jonas Frey
<jf at probe-networks.de> wrote:

> Hi,

<...>
> and after this again the "change aggregate nexthop" error.
>
> The SSB looks fine:
>
> SSB status:
> Slot 0 information:
>   State                                 Master
>   Temperature                        35 degrees C / 95 degrees F
>   CPU utilization                    21 percent
>   Interrupt utilization               1 percent
>   Heap utilization                   64 percent
>   Buffer utilization                 58 percent
>   Total CPU DRAM                     64 MB

<...>
> Regarding operational impact this error causes some IP addresses not
> beeing able to be reached from outside. These IP addresses can be
> reached by the router, e.g. a simple ping works. However nothing from
> outside reaches them.

show route summary ?

I'm not totally familiar with the M20, but do you have multiple SSBs?  It
really does sound like you're out of DRAM on the PFE/FEB (or maybe it is
called SSB in the M20) and it's choking.  I'm pretty new to Juni's but I
was also under the impression that heap and buffer use the same DRAM space,
but apparently not (since yours adds up to more than 100%)