[j-nsp] aggregate sonet on logical router

zeng watchthinker watchthinker at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 00:00:16 EDT 2005

If no aggregated, they are up. While aggregated, 'as' interface is down
while individual sonet interface is up. I am using an E-FEB & E-FPC.

configuration:
juniper at M5-Lab1# show interfaces
so-0/0/0 {
    unit 0 {
        family inet;
    }
}
so-0/0/1 {
    unit 0 {
        family inet;
    }
}

Interface status:
juniper at M5-Lab1# run show interfaces terse
Interface               Admin Link Proto Local                 Remote
so-0/0/0                up    up
so-0/0/0.0              up    up   inet
so-0/0/1                up    up
so-0/0/1.0              up    up   inet

if aggregate is configured:
so-0/0/0 {
    sonet-options {
        aggregate as0;
    }
}
so-0/0/1 {
    sonet-options {
        aggregate as1;
    }
}
as0 {
    unit 0 {
        family inet;
    }
}
as1 {
    unit 0 {
        family inet;
    }
}

Interface status:
juniper at M5-Lab1# run show interfaces terse
Interface               Admin Link Proto Local                 Remote
so-0/0/0                up    up
so-0/0/0.0              up    up   soagg
so-0/0/1                up    up
so-0/0/1.0              up    up   soagg
as0                     up    down
as0.0                   up    down inet
as1                     up    down
as1.0                   up    down inet

Detailed information of as0 interface:
juniper at M5-Lab1# run show interfaces as0 extensive
Physical interface: as0, Enabled, Physical link is Down
  Interface index: 142, SNMP ifIndex: 40, Generation: 33
  Link-level type: PPP, MTU: 4474, Speed: Unspecified, Minimum links
needed: 1
  Device flags   : Present Running
  Interface flags: Hardware-Down SNMP-Traps 16384
  Link flags     : Keepalives
  Keepalive settings: Interval 10 seconds, Up-count 1, Down-count 3
  Last flapped   : Never
  Statistics last cleared: Never
  Traffic statistics:
   Input  bytes  :                    0                    0 bps
   Output bytes  :                    0                    0 bps
   Input  packets:                    0                    0 pps
   Output packets:                    0                    0 pps
  Input errors:
    Errors: 0, Drops: 0, Framing errors: 0, Runts: 0, Giants: 0, Policed
discards: 0
  Output errors:
    Carrier transitions: 0, Errors: 0, Drops: 0, MTU errors: 0

  Logical interface as0.0 (Index 67) (SNMP ifIndex 44) (Generation 122)
    Flags: Hardware-Down Device-Down Point-To-Point SNMP-Traps
Encapsulation: PPP
    Statistics        Packets        pps         Bytes          bps
    Bundle:
        Input :             0          0             0            0
        Output:             0          0             0            0
    Protocol inet, MTU: 4470, Generation: 175, Route table: 0
      Flags: None

<juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net>