[j-nsp] J-Series to Cisco Multilink problem

Craig Pierantozzi tozz at bind.com
Thu May 5 14:00:57 EDT 2005

MRRU of 1504 and protocol MTU of 1500 should
be the default in JunOS:

user at host> show interfaces ls-2/0/0.0 extensive | match "MRRU|MTU"
       MRRU                            1504
       MRRU exceeded                   0
     Protocol inet, MTU: 1500, Generation: 1440, Route table: 0

The MRRU and protocol MTU should both be configurable.  The protocol
MTU would be under the family inet in the unit under the LS interface.
Seems strange that it's 1496 unless it's hard set under the interface
unit.

-Craig