[j-nsp] IPv6 ND stopped working

Robert Kiessling Robert.Kiessling at de.easynet.net
Fri May 6 09:05:27 EDT 2005

Alexander Koch <efraim at clues.de> writes:

> When I do a monitor traffic interface etc. I only see my
> packets going out (ICMP6 neighbor solicitations or so), but
> none coming in. Our customer sees the very same, no inbound
> requests for him.

I am occationally seeing similar issues. There is one bug where under
some circumstances ND is sent to the wrong MAC addresses.  That issue
is resolved now.

tcpdump shows that if you look closely at the MAC addresses (one bit
flipped).

There's also another issue where the next hop in the FIB is marked as
dead, although the routing entry is perfectly fine and other prefixes
with the same routing attributes are ok in the FIB.  But that doesn't
sound like your issue.

Robert