[j-nsp] BGP path selection

Stefan Mink mink at schlund.net
Sun May 8 03:16:04 EDT 2005

Stefan Mink wrote:
> ok, that explains why I didn't find it. I use 6.4 where the
> optimization seems to be already used, but there is
> no knob "path-selection external-router-id" yet...

at least in
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos72/swconfig72-routing/html/protocols-overview4.html
the documentation of this feature isn't included yet:

8. For BGP, prefer the route with the lowest IP address
    value for the BGP router ID.
9. Prefer the path that was learned from the neighbor
    with the lowest peer IP address.

Maybe somebody can forward this to the Doc-People...

    tschuess
              Stefan
--
Stefan Mink, Schlund+Partner AG (AS 8560)
Primary key fingerprint: 389E 5DC9 751F A6EB B974  DC3F 7A1B CF62 F0D4 D2BA