[j-nsp] Juniper equivalent of IS-IS "advertise-passive-only"?

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Mon May 16 14:15:42 EDT 2005

>  You can do this via an export policy under [edit protocols isis]. If
> you have a spare subnet for loopback interfaces, it could look
> something like:
>

> policy-statement Isis-Export {
>     term loopbacks {
>         from {
>             route-filter 192.168.1.0/24 prefix-length-range /24-/32;
>         }
>         then accept;
>     }
>     term therest {
>         then reject;
>
>  Then you implement it to your Is-Is configuration.

Unfortunately, this was basically the first thing I tried, and it
doesn't work. Anything I did with such a policy only exported *more*
into IS-IS, not less. This is probably related to the IS-IS default
export policy, e.g.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos72/swconfig72-policy/html/policy-overview-framework3.html

which says "Reject everything. (The protocol uses flooding to announce
local routes and any learned routes.)"

So I guess I'm looking for a way to influence the flooding.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no