[j-nsp] JunOSe - IS-IS Dynamic hostnames

Ryan Landry Ryan.Landry at TELUS.COM
Tue May 31 11:00:05 EDT 2005

Hi Walter,

Running 5.1.3 I don't see the issue.  Our virtual routers (ERXs) show up as the hostname:vir context when looking at the database in detail on non-ERX routers and other ERXs across the domain.

Perhaps I haven't understood your issue in full...?

Cheers,

-Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Walter De Smedt
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 2:10 PM
To: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [j-nsp] JunOSe - IS-IS Dynamic hostnames

Folks,

I am facing a cosmetic issue with IS-IS run from a non-default virtual
router with JunOSe 5.3.1 (E-Series). It seems that no hostname is
exchanged with the locally generated LSP's (TLV type 137). The virtual
router itself resolves its own NSAP address correctly in the 'show isis
database' output, but a detail of the local entry shows that the
hostname TLV is missing. As a consequence, all other IS's in the domain
don't have the hostname TLV for the LSP's generated by the virtual
router either, and just list the NSAP address instead of <real
hostname>:<virtual routername>.

Is this expected behavior in virtual router context or is this a bug?

thanks,

-walter