[j-nsp] optical amplifier recommendations?

Mark Prior mrp at mrp.net
Wed Nov 9 18:25:04 EST 2005

We have a small problem with the reach of the OC3/OC12 PICs in a M320
in that we need to reach greater than 20km from our POP site to a
submarine cable station across some dark fibre. Does anyone have any
suggestions on optical amplifiers that play nice with the M320 PICs?
We only need to amplify the signal from the Juniper as the SDH gear
at the cable station can get light to us (we're currently using a
Procket on the circuits and they usefully used SFP based optics).

Thanks,
Mark.