[j-nsp] rpd crash JUNOS 7.4R1.7

Jeff S Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Sat Nov 19 19:49:33 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 18:40 -0500, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> Unusual configuration? You're trying to set a local-preference, as-path,
> and communities on a RIP route. By all rights Juniper should have built a
> self-destruct into the box that will take out the entire rack when
> configured that way, just to protect the Internet from you. :)

It works fine without the AS-PATH expand/prepend.  I can't say it makes
me very sad that this didn't work; but the fact that it crashed rpd, and
the box was configured in such a state that a rollback was necessary to
stop rpd from restart/crash/restart/crash loop, is obviously of concern.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz> +1-212-981-0607
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts