[j-nsp] rate limiting and routing instances

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Sun Nov 20 18:34:52 EST 2005

For various reasons, I can't drop the rpf-check failures on the
floor, so right now I'm sending them into a different routing
instance and handling them seperately there.

I'm rate limiting outbound on one of my interfaces for "normal"
traffic, but I'd like to rate limit the RPF failures seperately - and
they're going out the same interface.

Note that I don't want to rate limit the RPF failures and then rate
limit them further as part of the normal traffic - I want them
handled completely seperately.

The way I was thinking of doing this was somehow tagging the packets
that fail rpf-check and then letting the outbound filter match
seperately on this tag and apply a different policer.

Any recommendations on the best way to tag such packets?

Thanks
John