[j-nsp] T1 alarm on loop detect

Kevin Day toasty at dragondata.com
Fri Nov 25 17:44:13 EST 2005

Is there anything equivalent to Cisco's "down-when-looped"
configuration on a serial/T1 interface?

We've got a T1 that pretty frequently goes down, but when it dies it
falls into loopback at the smartjack. It will appear like:

Physical interface: t1-1/2/0, Enabled, Physical link is Up
   Interface index: 140, SNMP ifIndex: 44
   Link-level type: Cisco-HDLC, MTU: 1504, Clocking: Internal, Speed:
T1, Loopback: None, FCS: 16, Framing: ESF
   Device flags   : Present Running Loop-Detected

However, the only things I seem to be able to trigger an alarm on are
AIS and a Yellow alarm, neither of which happen during an outage like
this.

Other than just triggering an alarm, I'd also like a lower preference
route to kick in, but that also doesn't seem to be happening because
it thinks the interface is still up.

AT&T is saying that "loopback when unavailable" is their new default
configuration for smartjacks, because it makes troubleshooting easier
for them.

Any ideas?