[j-nsp] Juniper devices under HP Openview

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 05:14:48 EDT 2005

We're currently trying to get our Juniper equipment under HPOV
monitoring, but we are having some problems. Specifically, HPOV seems
to not be 'picking up' some interfaces from several devices, even
though they are returned if you MIB walk the ifTable.

The pattern seems to be pretty random (things are missing throughout
the list, not after some cutoff), and affects both our Juniper and our
Netscreen equipment. Our Cisco equipment seems to be enumerated just
fine although we don't have any Cisco (L3) equipment with as many
interfaces as our Junipers and so that probably isn't a fair
comparison.

We have had our local HPOV expert look at this and he is fairly
confident that it is set up as it should be....

Has anyone seen anything like this before and/or have any tips as to
how to debug/fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Ras