[j-nsp] The different between Cisoc & Juniper routers - Technically

tony sarendal dualcyclone at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 05:00:08 EDT 2005

On 08/10/05, Giuliano Cardozo Medalha <giulianocm at uol.com.br> wrote:
> Mounir,
>
> I really dont know so much about CISCO 7500 series. I know that 7500
> series has a lot of version for it main processor board ... v1 til v8 I
> think. For each type of main board in conjunction with the other
> interface boards ... you will have a packet capacity.
>
> Basically ... we need to know the functionalities that you want in the
> router ... the bandwidth and the real troughput with all functions
> workingat the same time: QoS, IPv4, IPv6, filters, vlans, unicast,
> multicast, cflowd .... For example:
>
> http://www.juniper.net/products/mseries/
>
> Go to ---> specifications
>
> You will see that they have a lot of interface types, routers
> specifications and capacities.
>
> Its important to know what is you actual model of technologies and
> traffic to define the correct model to compare. I think 7500 is
> comparable to M10i and M20 chassis. M7i is the similar to cisco 7200.
>
> Maybe if you send more detailed information ...
>
> Att,
>
> Giuliano

Does a Cisco7500 really compary to anything Juniper has ?
It is an old box with line cards which at max handles kpps in the hundreds,
a backplane (or two) with a gig capacity and bouncing almost all
traffic on the RSP.

In short, what does Juniper have which maxes out at a few hundred Mbps/kpps ?

What a 7500 has is port adapters for pretty much anything, but it is
an almost obsolete piece of hardware today and is quite expensive to
run.

/Tony

PS. I actually like my old 75's.

Tony Sarendal - dualcyclone at gmail.com