[j-nsp] Re: IBGP problem

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Tue Oct 11 10:06:10 EDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 08:52:19AM +0100, Tim Thorne wrote:
> I have a similar problem with the same version of code and some M10is.
> I had graceful restart configured globally under routing options.
> Turning it off stopped iBGP flapping, though it took some time to
> stabilise. Its not clear that graceful restart was the problem as I
> disabled it on the other peers during other maintenance sessions to no
> avail. We don't normally have mtu-discovery configured per peer, but
> for each of the flapping peers I had it configured this morning. Only
> when I removed mtu-discovery did everything stabilise. I'm organising
> another maint to look at it again. The JTAC guy I talked to this
> morning thinks the problem is caused by graceful restart for OSPF.

I did also have those flapping problems with mtu-discovery enabled, but
forgot later to investigate further (I've disabled mtu-discovery as a
cure).

IGP is IS-IS here, with graceful restart enabled. But that _shouldn't_
be any factor, as IS-IS doesn't use IP at all, and I cannot remember
seeing the IS-IS flapping (but I'm not sure).

Best regards,
Daniel