[j-nsp] USB device in J6300 router

Stacy W. Smith stacy at acm.org
Wed Oct 12 14:22:49 EDT 2005

Yes, you can use either a USB device or the removable compact flash
as a secondary boot device on J6300. The default boot sequence is
primary compact flash, removable compact flash, USB. The only
drawback I see to using USB is that it's easier for someone to
accidentally remove a USB device while it's in use.

Use the "request system snapshot partition media usb" command to
backup to the USB device.

Refer to the JUNOS J-series release notes for specific models of USB
devices that are officially supported.

--Stacy