[j-nsp] (no subject)

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Oct 12 22:03:17 EDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 02:53:05PM +1300, Gordon Smith wrote:
> Agreed.
> I've got some rather large policy statements doing route filtering at
> the moment.
> And nested policy-statements do look a bit messy  :-/
>
> Here's hoping that the link Daniel posted becomes a reality in the 7.4
> code release.

A partial implementation at any rate. There is a new option in the
policy-statement which references the prefix-list "from prefix-list-filter
<prefixlistname> [modifier]", which lets you do:

  exact                Exactly match the prefix length
  longer               Mask is greater than the prefix length
  orlonger             Mask is greater than or equal to the prefix length

So if you have a prefix-list with a /19 and a /20, and you want to accept
more-specific prefixes up to a /24 as well as exact prefixes, you could
do:

policy-statement blah {
    from {
        prefix-list-filter EXAMPLE orlonger;
        route-filter 0.0.0.0/0 upto /24;
    }
}

Its nowhere near as powerful as a true prefix-list with route modifiers
like you're used to on Cisco, but hey its better than nothing and its a
long time coming.