[j-nsp] JUNOS upgrade 7.0R2.7->7.3R2.9 failed on M5

dmitri at nominet.org.uk dmitri at nominet.org.uk
Fri Oct 14 10:06:48 EDT 2005

Thanks everyone for help. The internal flash card has now failed
completely:

fer-gw> request system snapshot partition
Performing preliminary partition checks ...
Partitioning ad0 ...
ad0c: hard error reading fsbn 34 of 0-15 (ad0 bn 34; cn 0 tn 1 sn 2)
status=59 error=40
error: partdrive: could not write a clean disklabel on ad0c

And after reboot:

ad0: not attached, missing in Boot List

ref-gw> request system snapshot partition
Snapshot requires two pieces of storage media.
error: Flash disk not present or readable.  Snapshot aborted.

This Juniper M5 has RE-333 Routing engine. Is flash card in it
replaceable? I can't
find it anywhere on the board.

Regards
Dmitri