[j-nsp] To Juniper engineers- "flow route" enhancement for the future?

dmitri at nominet.org.uk dmitri at nominet.org.uk
Tue Oct 18 12:27:52 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've been playing with "flow route" lately and I find it a great tool.
One thing which annoys me slightly is not being able to group match
conditions,
like here:

routing-options {
        flow {
                route test1 {
                        match source 10.0.0.1/32;
                        then discard;
                }
                route test2 {
                        match source 192.168.0.1/32;
                        then discard;
                }
        }
}

It would be much simpler to manage if it were more like in firewall filter
rules:

routing-options {
        flow {
                route-group test {
                        match {
                                source 10.0.0.1/32;
                                source 192.168.0.1/32;
                        then discard;
                }
        }
}

I understand that it will still need to install into inetflow.0 a separate
flow route
for every match condition. It is just a matter of convenience when
configuring
and reading a configuration.

Any comments from Juniper engineers?

Regards