[j-nsp] "low route" with BGP examples?

Pedro Roque Marques roque at juniper.net
Tue Oct 18 14:55:23 EDT 2005

dmitri at nominet.org.uk wrote:
> Ok, I removed export statement from "protocols bgp group TEST" and flow
> routes are
> now advertised:
>
> show route advertising-protocol bgp 192.168.2.2
>
> inetflow.0: 2 destinations, 2 routes (2 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
>   Prefix                  Nexthop              MED     Lclpref    AS path
>   *,10.10.10/24/40
> *                         Self                                    I
>   *,10.0.0.1/48
> *                         Self                                    I
>
> But as expected unicast prefixes are now not advertised.
> The question is how I advertise unicast prefixes at the same time?

Nothing changes in the way you advertise unicast prefixes.
However, if your purpose is to install source address filters for all
destinations you probably want to configure the receiver w/ a policy
such that it bypasses the automatic validation procedure.

e.g. (on the receiver)

protocols bgp group <name> {
     neighbor <x> {
         family inet {
             unicast;
             flow no-validate novalidate;
         }
     }
}

policy-options {
     replace: policy-statement novalidate {
         term a {
             from as-path local;
             then accept;
         }
     }
     replace: as-path local \"()\";
}

The policy above, will tell the receiver to accept any ibgp
advertisement... but of course you can use any other criteria.

   Pedro.